Proposal

ProposalThe-RingCeinwyn and I are engaged. We flew in to Charleston SC this morning and the first thing I did was take her on a walk over the new Cooper River bridge. We had done this same walk last summer and I knew that’s where I wanted to propose to her. When we got to the top I set my camera up to take photos on an interval timer. Ceinwyn thought we were just going up there to take a portrait of ourselves, so when I started talking about our life together she was a bit confused. Things became clearer when I got down on one knee,  held  out the ring and asked her to marry me. She said yes.

15 Comments

1. The Trales wrote:

Hooray! Congratulations, guys!

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Permalink
  2. Jason Pontius wrote:

Congratulations! I’m performing a wedding ceremony for my two good friends today, and so I’m already full of matrimonial energy and awesomeness— this just turns up the volume!

Kate and I are both very much looking forward to getting to know you better in 2010. Congratulations again!

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Permalink
  3. Al wrote:

Way to go, guys! What a beautiful location… And so nice to have the moment caught on film!

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Permalink
  4. Liisa wrote:

What a great start to 2010! Congratulations to you both!

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Permalink
  5. Christian & Linda wrote:

Mazel Tov!!!

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Permalink
  6. Jeremy wrote:

Congratulations to you both and what a great picture to look back at!

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Permalink
  7. Michael Lappin wrote:

Bravo and congrats! So exciting.

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Permalink
  8. Drew wrote:

Bravo

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Permalink
  9. linda wrote:

Teared up on this one Erich…..I am happy for both of you. After 39 years with my life partner…I can tell you It is the Best Gift Baba gave me this life time. Love Love Love and more Love each other and then more LOVE…Give till it hurts and you are empty for MORE to come IN.

Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Permalink
  10. puja wrote:

congrats to you two! what a great story–hooray for love!

Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Permalink
  11. Adam wrote:

This picture is awesome. Such a great way to do it. Congrats again!

Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Permalink
  12. VVyatt wrote:

this sounds like the most romantic punk’d ever! only this time it’s for realsies. congratus, you two!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 8:19 am | Permalink
  13. Matthias wrote:

Congrats Erich, She’s a lucky girl. I’m getting ready to do something similar this summer.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 9:05 am | Permalink
  14. Bruce wrote:

Bravo and congrats! So exciting.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 8:26 am | Permalink
  15. Congrats to you both. I wish you all the best.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Permalink